[TYPO3-project-4-3] extJs lightbox

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Jul 6 13:00:52 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i did a rewrite of Ext.ux.lightbox so it works with iframe and HTML.
>>> With this i managed to open the help-popups in a lightbox in BE.
>>
>> Isn't that a bit intrusive? Opening the help window as "DOM-window" is
>> great, but I don't think I want it to be modal.
>>
>> Masi
>
> maybe it's a question of taste. I can use a simple conf that
> a) open popups in a lightbox
> b) open popups in a Ext Window

Don't make the setting too implementation specific. Semanticall the
choice would be between modal and non-modal. But who would want to have
a help box to be modal (especially as light box). It means you cannot
see the edit window and the help window at the same time.

> The Problem with the Window is that it has to be an iframe, i will examine.

Didn't know that that an iframe is a problem.

BTW, I played with API for ExtJs message boxes. I think it makes sense
to habe also a window-open API that enables you to open a "DOM window".

Masi