[TYPO3-project-4-3] extJS files

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Jan 23 21:37:10 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Currently the idea is to use the big ext-all.js in the Core. We could
>> also use all the single files but that's a pain to maintain and means a
>> lot of single file includes.
>>
>> But OTOH the Core won't need the Air package. Very likely it won't need
>> the form classes as well.
>>
>> So what do you think to split up the JS file into two or three files.
>> One base file and one or two extension files depending on the base file.
>>
>> Masi
>
> fiddling with the single files can be very complicated. If you make
> _one_ app you exactly know what you need. Doing this for a BE module is
> more complicate - the next one extend the module, and how to verify
> which file is missing.
>
> Splitting up the complete file - i have no idea how to do this.

The extJS comes with all the single files. So you don't split the big
file, but compile your own. And there is even a tool for doing so.

Mind, I don't want to use the single files. I just thought that we could
use one that doesn't contain everything. I really don't think we need
the Air stuff in our standard JS file in the BE.

Masi