[TYPO3-project-4-3] extJS files

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jan 23 18:40:50 CET 2009

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Currently the idea is to use the big ext-all.js in the Core. We could
> also use all the single files but that's a pain to maintain and means a
> lot of single file includes.
>
> But OTOH the Core won't need the Air package. Very likely it won't need
> the form classes as well.
>
> So what do you think to split up the JS file into two or three files.
> One base file and one or two extension files depending on the base file.
>
> Masi

fiddling with the single files can be very complicated. If you make
_one_ app you exactly know what you need. Doing this for a BE module is
more complicate - the next one extend the module, and how to verify
which file is missing.

Splitting up the complete file - i have no idea how to do this.

If we concentrate on the caching (Dmitry already posted the solution) it
doesn't matter imho as the file is loaded once and then cached by browser.

vg Steffen