[TYPO3-project-4-3] Tiny enhancements to "new record" links and wizard

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Jan 23 19:16:17 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to gather some issues to bundle them in patches.
>
> So i would like to have
>
> * new context entry in page tree "new page after" and "new page into"
> without calling the wizard
>
> * grouping the "new record" entries by extension like
>
> - plugin tt_news
> - - news entry
> - - news category
> - plugin xyz
> - - new record xyz
> a.s.o.
>
> please add things that annoys you or what you think should be done.
>
> vg Steffen

One thing that has always annoyed me in the wizards and in other backend
listings of plugins and records is the ordering.

Currently, plugins and and records are listed based on the order they
were installed which doesn't have any meaning to the end user.

Alphabetical order would certainly be an improvement and later on some
way to force commonly used plugins and records to the top of the list
would be even better.