[TYPO3-project-4-3] Proxy configuration

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Jan 11 14:12:49 CET 2009

Marcus Krause schrieb:

> I expect that whenever I - as a developer - need to make call to another
> server via http, I'm supposed to check that variable first and use the
> possibly configured proxy.

You could use it that way, but that is not the main intention. It's
supposed to be used by TYPO3 functions like t3lib_div::getURL for
outgoing HTTP connections.

> However, the variable name imposes that it's for the curl context only.

Because CURL was used for "real" HTTP transfer.

> What do you think?

I like cleanups, but it's not only this variable but another:
curlProxyUserPass. This one has to be supported as well. So, is this
worth the hassle?

Masi