[TYPO3-project-4-3] Proxy configuration

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2009 at t3sec.info
Sat Jan 10 22:45:08 CET 2009

Hi!

I'd like to get your opinions on following:

There's the variable $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['curlProxyServer'] which is
probably supposed to keep a proxy configuration. hehe
I guess this variable is in there since the very beginning of TYPO3.

I expect that whenever I - as a developer - need to make call to another
server via http, I'm supposed to check that variable first and use the
possibly configured proxy.

In the older days such calls where mostly curl ones, I guess. In the
meantime TYPO3 is also acting as Soap client. And there's certainly
other interesting stuff in the TER.

However, the variable name imposes that it's for the curl context only.

My suggestion:
Introduce a new variable $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['httpProxy']. Don't
fiddle around with usernames; simply ask for the standard notation
(http://user:pass@127.0.0.1:3128/).

Make $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['curlProxyServer'] a reference to the new
variable for backwards compatibility.
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['curlProxyServer'] =&
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['httpProxy'];

Add a deprecated notice in the install tool description for variable
curlProxyServer.

What do you think?

Marcus.