[TYPO3-project-4-3] TSREF 4.2 to 4.3 changes & t3editor

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Dec 10 21:05:09 CET 2009

Hi Stephan,

> after 4.3 release we realised, that there are additional TS parameters
> which we did not include into our xml-tsref for the t3editors
> codecompletion. Now we are, once again, thinking about how we could stay
> up to date with our xml-tsref. What's the workflow right now with
> changes in TS? Someone patches the core and writes some email to Michael
> Stucki or Francois Suter (AFAIK the guys who take care of the TSREF)?

The workflow is that developers write the necessary documentation
changes to the Pending Documentation page in the wiki [1]. This a
mandatory step when a patch has been committed.

> Is there a TS-changelog somewhere?
> We tried to diff the 4.3 and the 4.2 TSREF-docbook but that is kind of
> senceless.

This time around I assembled a changelog. It is already available for
TSref and TSconfig. [2]

> We had a talk here on the NG almost a year about this topic
> -> "t3editor, ts-codecompletion and tsref"

And I had a talk with Tobias too during T3DD09. The conclusion is that
it is far from simple. Currently the TSref is not just a reference. It
contains examples, explanations and even some rather unrelated stuff.
Furthermore the structure is not entirely consistent. This is all ok for
humans, but is not appropriate for automation.

It would need to be transformed into a pure reference, the basis of it
probably being some XML file. I'm open to proposals but I don't have
time to work on that myself, as keeping the docs up to date is already
quite a huge job.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter