[TYPO3-project-4-3] ExtJS skin

Andreas Kundoch Andreas.Kundoch at mehrwert.de
Thu Dec 3 10:56:42 CET 2009

Hi Xavier,

>>> The main problem ist that the devs who used ExtJS in the backend
>>> »forgot« to apply IDs to their apps so global styles apply :-( It's
>>> ugly to fix this by CSS cascades...
>>>
>> i'm one of those. And i don't see this problem. ExtJS already provided
>> the global css for those elements, there is no need to change them on
>> ID base, simply change them on class base so they apply globally.
>
> I agree with Steffen. If ExtJS is a framework delivered with TYPO3,
> standard skinning should be made to match TYPO3's theme. I don't wanna
> add IDs to all my items for the sole purpose of then being able to
> create a awful CSS listing all those IDs to be able to skin them just as
> the rest of TYPO3. Furthermore, this would force me to actually copy the
> CSS definition of the rest of Core for my own purpose because I would
> not be able to "add myself" to the list of existing IDs.

sorry, I was too unprecise: I'm with you on a global Ext JS skin that
applies a TYPO3 style to all Ext JS apps. Some dialoges should have a
custom styling, and for example an other button style etc. (Relogin for
example). This can be only achived if this dialog has a special class
name or id, otherwise the css cascade applies.

So I'm totally with you on having a global skin (theme) that works
out-of-the-box and is well proven - but would also demand on applying
classes or ids for easier skinning of some details.

All the best
Andreas