[TYPO3-project-4-3] t3sec_saltedpw as sysext?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Apr 24 20:46:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Ingmar,
>
>> what do you think about making t3sec_saltedpw [1] a sysext enabled by
>> default in 4.3 and have it enabled for both FE and BE users by default
>> as well?
>>
>> I think it would be a good thing to ship with this by default.
>
> Unless we want to keep plaintext authentication as default, I'm for
> adding this functionality into the main core rather that having to
> install an extension for this.
>
> What do you think?

this is exactly what we decided some time ago, there should be a
t3lib_crypt (fantasy name) which should deliver several crypt methods. I
talked to Markus Krause (author of t3sec_saltpw) in this time (iirc 3-4
months ago) and he was on doing this. We have to ask him about the state.

I'm defenitiv for having such library, so it's the user's choice which
method he prefer. Should be a library with API usable for core and
extensions.

vg Steffen