[TYPO3-project-4-3] TYPO3 Distribution Concept for 4.3

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick-s-p-a-m at hotmail-sp-a-m.com
Thu Apr 23 21:32:59 CEST 2009

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> While you're at it, something I've wondered about for a long time: Why
> is the "basic configuration" section not part of the regular 1-2-3
> process any more but instead the user has to click "continue to
> configure your installation" to get there? If you could change that to
> be part of the 1-2-3 process, that'd be cool!

Another thing we could jump on since it's for *new* installations are
some default settings unmodified since 2003 or so because of our Holy Cow...

[GFX][gdlib] = 1 (can't remember if it's default)
[GFX][gdlib_2] = 1
[GFX][TTFdpi] = 96

[BE][explicitADmode] = explicitDeny

[BE][forceCharset] = utf-8
[SYS][setDBinit] = ...

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['installToolPassword'] =
'9ae8254cf3ca4b4ee06991a498216516'; // Is equal to: changethispassword

Just proposing, I will not fight for any of them...

Another thing would be the fake content. May I suggest a company?

I would go with this kind of pagetree:

Root
- Products
-- Computers
--- Model A
--- Model B
-- Servers
-- Peripherals
- Services
-- Consultancy
-- On-site technicians
-- Business Intelligence
- About us
-- Corporate news
-- History
-- Our team
-Sitemap

That would give an introduction to few possibilities.

Features possible:
1. Reuse of content (insert records)
2. News from different folders
    (General News + news from the About section showed on frontpage)
3. 3 level of menus
4. Breadcrumb
6. Sitemap
7. Text & Pictures
8. Flexcontent for pseudo-records in the computer section
    (as showed in FTB... ;)  )

If we include TV, I think tt_news would also be worth it too. If we aim
for simplicity, maybe even add the "newscalendar" extension that is
linked with tt_news and just add a small monthly calendar in FE.

Maybe we should put all those suggestions into a Wiki page. Worth it ?

Patrick