[TYPO3-project-4-3] Ext.Core in TYPO3 4.3?

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Apr 17 18:32:13 CEST 2009

Hey all,

I don't know if you follow other open source communities, but extJS just
released Ext.Core (beta) and ExtJS 3.0 (RC) which go very nicely hand in
hand. I think these two would be great to add to TYPO3 and I also think
we should make it so they go into 4.3.

The cool thing about ExtCore is that we get extra features that are not
widgets (we have with ExtJS), but like these visual helpers (like the
lightbox or non-styled tabs) that are not included with prototype or
scriptaculous. It has a very light footprint (25k) and is of couse
namespaced (so no conflict).

Before we give all devs the possibility with 2.2, let's up it to 3.0 and
then if 3.0 will be released after our TYPO3 4.3, we can just up it in a
minor version update. What do you think?

All the best,
Benni.