[TYPO3-project-4-3] ExtJS State Manager - help wanted

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Apr 15 18:59:01 CEST 2009

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Masi,
>
> sounds very promising!
>
> On 14.04.2009 9:33 Uhr, Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Anyone who is interested in thhis topic and wants to write an ExtJS
>> state manager (both JS and AJAX parts) please contact me. There is
>> already some code ready to make use of this feature, so there's no need
>> to write extra test code for this.
>
> What do you mean with "both JS and AJAX parts"? AJAX is JS and XML, right?

I meant both JS and PHP. And as we're using JSON there isn't much XML in
our AJAX :)

> Apart from that, lemme know if you need some help on the ext part.

See above. I'm looking for someone who wants to write a TYPO3
implementation of Ext.state.Provider.

I imagine two types of provider. One who saves the state in the user
session. The other one stores it in the user config (field "uc"). This
should be possible for BE (must) and FE users (optional).

I'm unsure if this should be

Ext.state.typo3SessionProvider
Ext.state.typo3UserConfigProvider

or

TYPO3.Ext.state.sessionProvider
TYPO3.Ext.state.userConfigProvider

I tend to the latter. The reason is to have one global TYPO3 JavaScript
namespace for all of TYPO3's JS code. At least the new one.

Masi