[TYPO3-project-4-3] no prefix for TYPO3 BE classes

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Apr 13 09:35:19 CEST 2009

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> None of the classes within typo3/classes have a prefix. As PHP < 5.3 has
> no namespaces there could be conflicts. I suggest therefore that we
> change this and add a "typo3_" prefix to them.
>
> As they are not part of the official API I think this is ok without
> providing compatibility code (wrappers). Simply changing the XLCASS code
>  in extensions is enough to adapt to this change.

So extensions will have to provide two versions of XCLASS, right? XCLASS name must be 'ux_' + regular class name.

What about hook names? Should they be changed too?

Is there any immediate danger that requires changing class names? I'd better not change it unless it is really necessary. I see immediate problems but I do not see immediate gain.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/artificial-intelligence.html