[TYPO3-project-4-3] File references, Multimedia

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Apr 7 20:10:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

Susanne Moog schrieb:
> Hey,

>>> this player is often used, also within wordpress. I don't think that
>>> there are license provlems.
>>> And if so, i ask a friend of mine for building a simular in flash.
>> IANAL, someone has to nail this down.
>>

> me neither, but:
>
> "Examples of commercial use include:
> (i)   websites with any advertisements;
> (ii)  websites owned or operated by corporations;
> (iii) websites designed to promote other products, such as a band or artist;
> (iv) products (e.g. a CMS) that bundle LongTail products into its offering.
> If you are not sure whether you need to purchase a license, please post
> your question in the forum under the "Licensing Questions" category."
> (https://www.longtailvideo.com/players/order2  (hover over "commercial
> examples"))
>
> This sounds pretty much like "you need a to buy a license for anything
> commercial".
>

> HTH,
>
> Susanne

yes. Using FW-Player needs a license for any commercial site. I
decompiled the player included in my zip and it's the jw-player, so no
chance to add this in release.
I now look for alternatives, found some that i can verify.

Anyway, you are free to use any player, download at put it eg to
fileadmin/player.swf

Then simply configure in TS:
tt_content.swfobject.player = fileadmin/player.swf

I will switch this configuration to tt_content.media later

vg Steffen