[TYPO3-project-4-3] File references, Multimedia

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Tue Apr 7 19:47:36 CEST 2009

Hey,

Christian Kuhn schrieb:

>>> The swf player might have a license issue, it's the one from
>>> http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/ right? If yes, it's
>>> Creative Commons attributes denies commercial use, which is a show stopper.
>> this player is often used, also within wordpress. I don't think that
>> there are license provlems.
>> And if so, i ask a friend of mine for building a simular in flash.
>
> IANAL, someone has to nail this down.

me neither, but:

"Examples of commercial use include:
(i)   websites with any advertisements;
(ii)  websites owned or operated by corporations;
(iii) websites designed to promote other products, such as a band or artist;
(iv) products (e.g. a CMS) that bundle LongTail products into its offering.
If you are not sure whether you need to purchase a license, please post
your question in the forum under the "Licensing Questions" category."
(https://www.longtailvideo.com/players/order2  (hover over "commercial
examples"))

This sounds pretty much like "you need a to buy a license for anything
commercial".

HTH,

Susanne

--