[TYPO3-project-4-3] Flash Uploader - Version 1

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Tue Apr 7 09:24:16 CEST 2009

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey,
>
> pretty simple, AJAX requests are usually sent via utf8 (JS), and as your
> TYPO3 receives the requests differently, you need to convert your data
> to the target charset (I hope this was formulated the right way :)). The
> AJAX interface in the TYPO3 Backend takes care of that.
>
> How I solved it in terms of upload filenames? Have a look at my patch
> #10718 in the core list / trunk. It adds a small charset flag to the
> extfilefunctions class, which is determined by the AJAX class (and our
> common AJAX interface)
>
> All the best,
> Benni.

Ok, i guess its not exactly the same problem. I m using the swf uploader
in a non-TYPO3-app at the moment (sorry guys, i know this is a TYPO3 list;)
Its not clear to me why i m having a encoding problem with "umlaute" if
flash/js sends in UTF-8 and php is also configured to use UTF-8.

Thanks anyway
Stephan