[TYPO3-project-4-3] Flash Uploader - Version 1

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Apr 3 14:17:08 CEST 2009

Hey,

pretty simple, AJAX requests are usually sent via utf8 (JS), and as your
TYPO3 receives the requests differently, you need to convert your data
to the target charset (I hope this was formulated the right way :)). The
AJAX interface in the TYPO3 Backend takes care of that.

How I solved it in terms of upload filenames? Have a look at my patch
#10718 in the core list / trunk. It adds a small charset flag to the
extfilefunctions class, which is determined by the AJAX class (and our
common AJAX interface)

All the best,
Benni.