[TYPO3-project-4-3] indexed_search for 4.3

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Sep 15 21:32:47 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
>> tslib_pibase code can be changed to check if page browser is installed
>> and use it. If not installed, skip to old method.
>
> wouldn't that be a perfect fit for extbase then?!

Yes, why not? :) One of my goals is to provide solution for both older versions of TYPO3 (through extension in TER) and newer version (as sysext).

I see the advantage of the page browser is that it can be executed as USER or USER_INT (as necessary) and configured very flexibly using TS setup. This is unusual approach but I think it has future.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team