[TYPO3-project-4-3] indexed_search for 4.3

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Mon Sep 15 17:26:42 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> btw - do you know the problem with different result counts?
> I have here an example
>
> 1st page: results: 60
> 2nd page: results: 42
> 3rd page: results: 30
 >
> I don't see anything that could cause this error, but it looks very
> strange to me (and the users)

This is addressed in [1]. And is all that I really know about -
astonishingly, in the installations I have insight to or set up, I did
not encounter the problem.

As a wild guess, I could imagine that there exist problems with kind of
"garbage" (meaning double entries for the same page in IS tables). I
normally set up kind of a garbage collection (truncating indexed_search
tables and refilling them regularly)... which is far from being elegant,
but seemed to be necessary. Shame on me, don't let anybody know... whoops ;)

Maybe this idea helps, maybe it's completely misleading. Haven't dig
into that.

Cheers
Ralf

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5714