[TYPO3-project-4-3] indexed_search for 4.3

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Sep 12 00:13:56 CEST 2008

Steffen Müller schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as requested here is the brainstorming thread for indexed_search.
>>

> I thought about two new features:
>
>  * search/find-as-you-type as already realized in mh_ajaxsearch or pmkisac.
>  * soundex comparison and suggestion (like the "Did you mean ..." in
> google). The quality of soundex heavily depends on the locale, so we
> would need a bunch of libs to support other languages than EN. Each lib
> generates the soundex keys for a single language. That would also mean
> additional table relation between words and soundex keys (1-n).
> Recently, there has been a french soundex implementation in the EM.

Hi Steffen,

as i like such features i think it's a bit overhead for IS.

Soundex only works with english, there is no "easy" integration of such
feature for all languages (i didn't looked at the french one)

Also the ajax completition sounds great, but as complex the search
algorythm is, i fear that it's not done with good performance.

Remember that normal IS is a performance killer for many sites with vig
big result tables, don't speaking about external file search.

vg Steffen