[TYPO3-project-4-3] indexed_search for 4.3

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick-s-p-a-m at hotmail-sp-a-m.com
Wed Sep 10 17:31:50 CEST 2008

Steffen Müller wrote:

>  * soundex comparison and suggestion (like the "Did you mean ..." in
> google). The quality of soundex heavily depends on the locale, so we
> would need a bunch of libs to support other languages than EN. Each lib
> generates the soundex keys for a single language. That would also mean
> additional table relation between words and soundex keys (1-n).
> Recently, there has been a french soundex implementation in the EM.

Yes, soundex is usually a good thing.

And while at it, it looks like TYPO3 5.0 CR (Content Repository)will use
the Lucene PHP implementation:

 > I just committed
 > http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/revision/package-typo3cr/1143
 > which introduces Zend_Search_Lucene as indexing/searching engine
 > in TYPO3CR

Source:
http://support.typo3.org/projects/typo3-5-0general/m/typo3-50-general-lucene-used-for-search-in-cr-as-of-today-359330/p/9/

And someone also did some more Lucene work in the 4.0 area:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/powersearchindexlucene/1.0.3/view/1/2/

I didn't test any of this. I'm just giving hints and links.

Patrick