[TYPO3-project-4-3] Generate CE anchors only when necessary

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Sep 5 16:27:28 CEST 2008

Hey Masi,

sounds like a very good idea! It would be great if we could implement
this feature through TypoScript (maybe even through), (IIRC the anchor
generation is in the tt_content.stdWrap.dataWrap part), as we could add
this basically in the CSC setup with a comaptVersion TS condition.
However, it somehow has the feeling to me that it will be an additional
overhead on the "first hit" when the page hasn't been cached yet. we
gotta see how much overhead it really will be though :)

This reminds me that we had an issue with linking to the anchors in
workspaces, and that these references were broken when publishing,
something like that, right? I also thought there was a solution to that
in the BT... gotta look for that again. Would be nice to have the "CE
linking" worked out way better in 4.3 than in 4.2!

Thanks for thoughts, I like them!

--
All the best,
benni.