[TYPO3-project-4-3] Is it time to ship optimized TYPO3 by default?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Nov 28 20:36:47 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote: on 04.11.2008 08:39:

> Some time ago I made an attempt to create and have optimal TYPO3
> configuration as TYPO3 default configuration. Unfortunately this was
> turned down [1].
>
> (...)
>
> I propose to reverse the situation. Let the minors care and remove
> .htaccess if they want to have their suboptimal configuration. Let
> the rest of the world enjoy high speed TYPO3.
>
> What needs to be done? Fix [3] and [2], add a line to NEWS.txt about
> it. That's all.

Agreed! I don't know what end this thread took, but I would also +1 the
proposed change. We host tons of TYPO3 installations and do lots of
upgrades and the task of renaming _.htaccess is the only "patch" needed
every time we unpack a new typo3_src. So it would be cool if it already
ships like that. +1!

Cheers,
Ernesto