[TYPO3-project-4-3] little icon problem

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Nov 12 17:43:48 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> What is the point if this configuration anyway? All browsers nowadays
>>> support PNGs.
>> MSIE 6 still does not support transparent PNGs. And GIFs are usually
>> smaller than PNGs. Just changing everything blindly to PNG does not
>> look reasonable.
>
> Ah, we're taling about PNGs with alpha transparency.
> Masi

the skinning use all kinds of graphics. The normal icons doesn't use the
transparency, but others may do.

As MSIE is the only point where this is difficult the setting doesn't
makes sense in this context, so it should be done with TS ?

config.skinImg.forceFileExt = png
[browser = msie]
config.skinImg.forceFileExt = gif
[end]

this would make sense, otherwise this setting doesn't seems senseful imho.

vg Steffen