[TYPO3-project-4-3] INSTALL.txt

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Nov 8 19:46:18 CET 2008

Hi Masi,

> If we raised the minimum version to 5 we can get rid of the stupid CLI
> argument swaps. They are most annoying and confusing and make it harder
> to pass additional arguments to imagemagick (using an XCLASS).

I think the main reason for still using IM4 was the availability of the
statically linked (single) binary.

Although I don't like that (it's not automatically updated) I know that
we have those single binaries also for a GM version which is approx. 1
year old now.

So fine, if you want to remove the IM4 functionality, I could live with
it. Those who depend on single binaries can still use them, though they
are probably in danger, but that's there own problem.

If you have a technical problem because we still support IM4, then I'm
ok with getting rid of it.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out