[TYPO3-project-4-3] Is it time to ship optimized TYPO3 by default?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 12:34:38 CET 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> I disagree - but you know that alreay ;-). We should ship versions that
> work out of the box.

I know some installations without GD and JSON. Your proposal can be
hardly be fulfilled :) TYPO3 will never run on any possible
installation.

TYPO3 is the enterprise level CMS. Its enterprise level requires
certain configuration. If one company cannot afford good
configuration, TYPO3 is a wrong tool for such company. This company
should use phpNuke or other entry level software instead. Seriously,
I do not understand why the rest of the world should be harmed by
companies who cannot afford proper configuration to run their chosen
CMS? If they cannot afford it, why it should be our problem? We want
fast TYPO3 by default! It is not really fare to ask 99% of users to
make the same change straight after installation to make performance
better :)

We announce this change in advance, so companies will be prepared.
We write it also in NEWS.txt and INSTALL.txt. So they have time to
adjust environment. I see nothing wrong with it. If someone did not
bother to read INSTALL.txt, whose problem is it? :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support