[TYPO3-project-4-3] Is it time to ship optimized TYPO3 by default?

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Nov 4 18:26:35 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Some time ago I made an attempt to create and have optimal TYPO3
> configuration as TYPO3 default configuration. Unfortunately this was
> turned down [1].

didn't read through the whole thread yet, so this might have been
proposed already. How about this:

Have a check "somewhere" that checks whether all preconditions to use
the htaccess files are met in an installation and then let the user
click a button to activate the htaccess files by having TYPO3 rename them...
That could either be in the installer, some Tools menu or anywhere else
that fits.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner