[TYPO3-project-4-3] Is it time to ship optimized TYPO3 by default?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Nov 4 12:22:39 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> You could use <If> tags in .htaccess to overcome this problem. And I
>>> think this is a must, because if, for some reasons the modules are not
>>> active, the BE breaks completely.
>> This is the problem: you can't check for AllowOverride with <If>.
>> This is why I said about NEWS.txt.
>
> Drats, I remember now this issue. But all other configurations seem to
> be protected except for the installer which needs AllowOverride
> AuthConfig and the modules mod_authn_file and auth_basic_modulein
> (Apache 2.1).
>
> So all existing _.htaccess files except the install protection could be
> shipped as .htaccess.

Sorry, I didn't get that ExpiresActive requires AuthConfig Indexes.

In this case I'm still for not adding prossible "dangerous" htaccess files.

But I have an idea. Why not ship another package like the dummy package?
This could could provide those files and come with a proper
README/INSTALL file that explains the prerequesits.

Masi