[TYPO3-project-4-3] Is it time to ship optimized TYPO3 by default?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:32:30 CET 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> You could use <If> tags in .htaccess to overcome this problem. And I
> think this is a must, because if, for some reasons the modules are not
> active, the BE breaks completely.

This is the problem: you can't check for AllowOverride with <If>.
This is why I said about NEWS.txt.

> Sidenote: I'd prefer a an include file for htconf :) But I guess it's
> not really hard to write.

But harder to convince hoster to include it.

Still I think we should provide optimal configuration as a basis. If
someone has those restrictions, he could delete 4 files and use
suboptimal version. But why force the rest of the world to use
suboptimal version because some dumb hoster disallowed .htaccess?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support