[TYPO3-project-4-3] Special Configuration for CEs

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sat Jun 28 19:28:48 CEST 2008

Susanne Moog schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Daniel Pšötzinger wrote:
>> Ok for plugins thats an idea: But I would prefer to have this defined
>> by the plugin itself (e.g. the plugin can have a field called override
>> Typoscript - and it can manage merging the array itself - it can even
>> be a idea for extbase and the configuration object)
>
> I like the thought of that feature generally and not only for plugins
> because it gives a lot of flexibility but I can also understand your
> reasoning here.
>
> So I had some stray thought I wanted to share:
>
> How about a new condition that checks for content element id? We have a
> condition check for pages so why not for content elements? With that it
> would be possible to have different configurations for elements on one
> page but without the loss of a centralized typoscript structure.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
>
> Susanne

difficult.

Think of following usecase:
you have configured
plugin.tt_news.excludeAlreadyDisplayedNews = 1

Now you have 3 CE's with news on a page.
With one of these you want do use the setting
plugin.tt_news.excludeAlreadyDisplayedNews = 0

now with your suggestion you would define something like
[globalVar = TSFE:CEID = 411]
plugin.tt_news.excludeAlreadyDisplayedNews = 1
[global]

Now the editor deletes this CE and create a new one - the condition will
fail. Or he want to have same on other page, but has no access to template.

Alternative: enter the line in the TS-Field of CE - done ;)

Other usecases for normal CE:
* append CE with commenting plugin

I think there are several possibilities, many ideas with using plugins

vg Steffen