[TYPO3-project-4-3] Special Configuration for CEs

Daniel Pšötzinger nospam at nospam.de
Sat Jun 28 18:27:57 CEST 2008

Patrick Gaumond schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
>> The main problem atm is IMHO if you place plugins on the page and you
>> need different settings for each that can only applied via TS. Best
>> practice example is placing 3 news plugins on a page having different
>> "global" settings.
>
> I've missed this feature lots of time...
>
> So "TS Field per CE" is something to dream about.
>
> The "Same plugin with different settings on the same page" is a frequent
>  use case.
>
> As long as there's no performance hits, you have my blessing. ;)
>
> Patrick
Ok for plugins thats an idea: But I would prefer to have this defined by
the plugin itself (e.g. the plugin can have a field called override
Typoscript - and it can manage merging the array itself - it can even be
a idea for extbase and the configuration object)

But from me a -1 to have this field in general and for all CE:
* performance: TYPO3 have to check this field - merge Typoscript...
before rendering the CE always
* maintainablity: typoscript for FE belongs in templates thats good in
my opinion and should not be mixed.
* loose of content and template seperation (which is a CMS behaviour)
* And you allready have this possibility: look at the extension that was
called somewhat "typoscript CE"

Greetings