[TYPO3-project-4-3] MVC for 4.3?

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Jun 26 11:26:05 CEST 2008

"Martin Kutschker" <masi-no at spam-typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1214471020.6531.typo3-project-4-3 at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> "Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1214468814.29892.typo3-project-4-3 at lists.netfielders.de...
>>> If it "goes", most plugins will be broken. I afraid we can't do it.
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> pibase should stay, but can be enhanced.
>
> Why? Everything about it is odd or has a "history".
>
> I would even create another class with exactly the same features but a
> sane naming of methods and a link generation API that can be understood.
> I have to admit that I never worked out how that caching and autocaching
> stuff was supposed to work. The documentation and the code never made
> any sense to me.
>
> Masi

:-) you should know the magic

i was thinking about the cow. There are many functions in pibase that are
incomplete or difficult to understand.
If you speak about link generation, this is a good point to show the
confusion. There are several link functions in pibase which slightly differ,
all are kind of wrappers for typolink, and most are "incomplete". So i
myself use typolink direct without being confused of "LinkToPage" or
"linkTP" etc

vg Steffen