[TYPO3-project-4-3] MVC for 4.3?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Jun 26 11:03:41 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1214468814.29892.typo3-project-4-3 at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> Even it's not replaced by MVC, it should go. Awkward API and a whole lot
>>> of stuff you'll never need for some types of plugins. Most of it's
>>> functions are moderatly useful in DB oriented plugins.
>> If it "goes", most plugins will be broken. I afraid we can't do it.
>>
>> --
>
> pibase should stay, but can be enhanced.

Why? Everything about it is odd or has a "history".

I would even create another class with exactly the same features but a
sane naming of methods and a link generation API that can be understood.
I have to admit that I never worked out how that caching and autocaching
stuff was supposed to work. The documentation and the code never made
any sense to me.

Masi