[TYPO3-project-4-3] MVC for 4.3?

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Tue Jun 24 23:14:38 CEST 2008

Hi,

Daniel Pšötzinger schrieb:
> Peter Foerger wrote:
>> The point is, don't waste your efforts working on the wrong topic.
>> DIV/LIB is there, Kickstarter MVC is there and they serve your needs
>> for MVC pattern if you are addicted to, but V4 never ever will be your
>> friend regarding that design pattern and IMHO this is good the way it is.
> Well the backend and core can stay - but to have a small set of classes
> for frontend-plugins supporting MVC pattern would be a coo thing.
>
> You are right lib/div is there - and we use it for every extension now -
> thats why I think we could learn and include a similar concept as common
>  sysextension.
> In my opinion lib/div lags in some points:
> * PHP 4!
> * overhad: every class is extended from a common object class and
> therefore has all the overhead of the rebuild ArrayObject (append, get
> etc...)
> * for beginners a bit hard to switch from pi_base development
> * too less integration in TYPO3: e.g. no view based on TYPO3 Markers
> * connection of models to views with exchanging arrays (like done in
> some examples) do not increase maintainability of the code in my eyes.
> * a nice listBaseModel with support for workspaces / languageoverlays is
> missing
> * the tcaobject extension may also be a nice one for a modelclass
>
> I just want to know if there are others outside supporting that idea?

I agree that the current pibase is elderly and needs some "upgrades".
Ingo Renner started with some rough ideas [1] which have to be extended
of course. The template part is missing something like functionality we
know from smarty - I don't want to start a fight smarty vs. TYPO3
templating/marker scheme, but that's an issue we've to think about:
Use methods that are already available and are working or reimplement
similar functions on our own and reinvent the wheel again.

So, let's start with collecting some more general ideas of parts that
should and could be improved in a new "pibase 2.0".

olly

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Extbase
--
Oliver Hader