[TYPO3-project-4-3] MVC for 4.3?

Peter Foerger pfoerger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 21:08:37 CEST 2008

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Pšötzinger schrieb:

> What do you think?

MVC isn't the cure of all disease.
It's just a design pattern that has been around around since the very
beginning of Smalltalk back in 1978 (IIRC).

The 4.x branch is intended to serve it's services using procedural
coding styles. Doesn't sound that sexy, but we all use it day by day
*and* it works. :)

The point is, don't waste your efforts working on the wrong topic.
DIV/LIB is there, Kickstarter MVC is there and they serve your needs for
MVC pattern if you are addicted to, but V4 never ever will be your
friend regarding that design pattern and IMHO this is good the way it is.

Although I know Robert doesn't like MVC that much (at least he told me
last year) it will be part of V5. I'm sure V5 team will be glad to see
you join.

To keep it short:
pi_base is a monster, but in real terms it rocks.

cheers
Peter