[TYPO3-project-4-3] Moving Versioning to sysExtension

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jun 24 11:52:34 CEST 2008

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> First, the "versioning" sysext is mandatory. Does anybody know why?

Try searching for it in the core.

> If there is a good reason for it, I propose to create another
> sys-extension called "workspace", "workspaces" or "workspaceui".
> We should keep the functionality in the core, and / or keep hooks where
> possible, so we only can disable the UI through uninstalling the ext
> (should be uninstalled by default anyway :)).

There is a wish and a task for 4.2 to move workspace UI to extension. But it is possible only for UI, not for workspace processing code. Workspace code is spread over the whole core, so you'll need to move half of the core and still make the ext required :D

--
Dmitry Dulepov
E-mail: dmitry at typo3.org
Skype: callto:liels_bugs