[TYPO3-project-4-3] Call for suggestions: Unit tests for the 4.x core

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Sun Jul 20 16:43:31 CEST 2008

Hi Oliver,

Oliver Klee schrieb:
> for my diploma thesis (and hopefully for my talk at the T3CON08), I'll
> be creating unit tests for 10 classes from the 4.x core. As I still
> haven't selected those classes, I'm open for suggestions which classes ...
> - are in the worst need for unit tests
> - are most interesting to test,
> - are most insightful to test
> - are especially hard to test
> - ...
>
> So, everybody, please reply with a list of the top ten (or less) classes
> you'd love to get covered by unit tests. :-)
>
> (I'll then count all votes and use that when selecting the tests as far
> as this is feasible for my thesis.)

Good news and thanks in advance that you'd like to write your thesis
about and for TYPO3. I would like to know some more things about your
diploma thesis:
* What's the exact title?
* When would you like to start working on it and when did you plan to be
finished?
* Are you going to publish the textual results to the public and is the
language English?

For some parts it's real hard to write tests since many things are
"glued" in a single function (e.g. in t3lib_TCEmain) but here are my faves:

t3lib_TCEmain, t3lib_loadDBgroup, t3lib_div, tslib_content, tslib_fe,
t3lib_TStemplate

olly
--
Oliver Hader