[TYPO3-project-4-3] TYPO3 4.3 status report 27/2008

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Jul 9 23:16:26 CEST 2008

Hey Dmitry & Masi,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Why do we need Flash for it? Isn't an IFRAME and a bit of JS enough to
>> post multiple files easily?
>
> I think even IFrame is not necessary. Just a bit of JS that creates more
> input=file elements...
Tell me how to do this with a bit of JS:
* Selecting multiple files at once in the file picker of your browsers
choice
* Don't have to deal with page reloads, broken connections,
max_upload_size and max_execution_time limits.
* Some nice addons (dozens of limitations for specific cases (e.g. only
allow .t3x files in the EM) :)

... with just a little amount of overhead. (btw: SWFupload HAS a nice
and automatic degredation to AJAX/JS).

Guys, I can also release it as a TER extension, but I don't see the
reason why, just for the sake of arguing about cool features that TYPO3
could have built-in ? ;-)

BTW: Check out the SWFUpload website with demos and documentation to see
what is possible before bashing everything new.

--
greetings,
benni.