[TYPO3-project-4-3] MVC for 4.3?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Jul 2 07:52:51 CEST 2008

Christoph Koehler schrieb:
> In article
> <mailman.1.1214909004.7529.typo3-project-4-3 at lists.netfielders.de>Marti
> n Kutschker <masi-no at spam-typo3.org> wrote:
>>  Peter Niederlag schrieb:

>>>   Very wise words, thx.
>>>
>>>   I fully agree with this.
>
>>  But if it's so far ahead it shouldn't be part of 4.x unless ready.
>> If tha API's not stable and the performance isn't there I see no way
>> FLOW3can be integrated as a sysext.
>
>>  Masi
>
> Oh I am not talking about sysext. Sure, maybe eventually, but for now
> I want the opportunity to start rewriting my extensions with FLOW3 and
> have them work in v4. Installing gimme-five locally and declaring it a
> dependency in my extensions is all I need. We can talk about core
> inclusion later.

So what was the point of this thread? I thought it was about
additions/changes to the Core as the name of this list implies.

Anyway, what is the result now? To me it seems that a large portion of
ext.developers is happy to use FLOW3 via gimme-five (or a similar ext.).

Do the non-FLOW3 guys think it is necessary for 4.x to provide an MVC
framework?

Masi