[TYPO3-project-4-3] Dashboard and News

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Aug 9 20:07:19 CEST 2008

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> As framework dashboard from Tim Lochmüller can be used and adapted to
>> T3 look and feel. News can have a read flag so only unread news are
>> displayed eg
>
> I don't know what the Dashboard uses for placing and moving around
> widgets, but I just wanted to attract your attention to the fact that
> the extJS was just added to the TYPO3 trunk (as part of the new
> Installer) project, so it might be worth using for the dashboard.
>
> One additional question: does the dashboard use one of the widespread
> APIs for widgets, like Netvibes' Universal Widget API [1]? It would be
> great because it would make it possible to create cross-platform widgets.
>
> Cheers

Hi Francois,

i start dashboard from the scratch, and i planned this with extJs
* created a desktop-App for dashboard using windows
* created a module concept for plug in
* created basic modules for rss/user_online/messages

This is a screenshot how it could look (doing with sample data)
http://steffenkamper.info/fileadmin/screens/dashboard_desktop.png

Any extension will be able to register own module for the dashboard.

I had a look at UWA and it sounds interesting. But main purpose will be
the TYPO3 widgets using core functions.
I can imagine a module for Web widgets as widget-loader using UWA

vg Steffen