[TYPO3-install] current version is TYPO3 4.4.13

David Gunzenhauser davegunzenhauser at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 09:27:35 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have a friend who has a website (which is now starting to act funny with some of the content). Her version is TYPO3 4.4.13 and i understand this is a very old version.

I am not an expert in TYPO3 but I have a web dev background.

Can I easily upgrade her to the new version?
Would i need to add the content again?
Would I need to add the images again?
Are there changes to the newest version that would impact me being able to just upgrade and be done?
Is it better to just build a new version and be done with it?
Can I install this in a separate directory and then port the content over then make the new version live?

Anything I am missing?

All support is sincerely and greatly appreciated
Dave