[TYPO3-install] Folder typo3/sysext/ is public

Tom Ivy tomivy.1979 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 22:05:44 CET 2015

Hi,

is it a security leak, that for example the folder typo3/sysext/extbase is public for everybody?
I searched in the web some Classnames and my result was a page like www .example. de/typo3/sysext/extbase/ext_typoscript_setup.txt and the owner of the site is not someone who publishes code or something like that.

So I don't know whether it's no problem, or whether it's better to protect some folders. Will everything function fine even if the directory /typo3 is protected by .htaccess or how do you protect yout installations?

Thanks,

Tom