[TYPO3-install] Install password not recognized

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu May 8 01:29:26 CEST 2014

Hi Arno,

Arno Zweers wrote:

> I want to upgrade his site to 4.5 LTS, but can't get past the install
> login. Both on his live server as on my development server (as being new I
> desided it would be wise to do the upgrade offline first) the install
> login tells me that the password has the same MD5 as the one localconf,
> but nothing happens. Searching the internet doesn't provide much info
> about it.

This mostly happens if the install tool cannot write its session file into
typo3temp.

Make sure that the folder is writeable for the webserver.

Create a backup of the database and then directly upgrade the sources to the
latest 4.5 (I think this is 4.5.32) sources (the folders t3lib/ and typo3/).
After that, delete all files below typo3temp/ and all typo3conf/temp_*
files.

Once you did that, you should have PHP sources that are compatible with at
least PHP version 5.2-5.4.
Then you can try to login into the install tool and to upgrade the
installion.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!