[TYPO3-install] Install password not recognized

Arno Zweers arno at castade.nl
Wed May 7 22:22:12 CEST 2014

A friend of mine owns a Typo3 website Ver. 4.2.8. Due to an php upgrade on his host, he gets a lot of deprecated messages. His former typo3 support doesn't exist any more so I stepped in to help (know my way around, but new to Typo3.

I want to upgrade his site to 4.5 LTS, but can't get past the install login. Both on his live server as on my development server (as being new I desided it would be wise to do the upgrade offline first) the install login tells me that the password has the same MD5 as the one localconf, but nothing happens. Searching the internet doesn't provide much info about it.

Hopefully someone here can help me