[TYPO3-install] Re: blank page after fresh install of v. 6.2.0 - cause: zip-version of package

Dominik Lenné dlenne at web.de
Sat Apr 12 13:39:05 CEST 2014

Thanks for your answer.

I did a fresh installation attempt on another provider, and got also the blank page.

The directory looks okay on the first look.

Only this time, the error messages were:

Warning: require(/home/www/typo3_6.2/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Core/Bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/typo3_6.2/index.php on line 36

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/www/typo3_6.2/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Core/Bootstrap.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/www/typo3_6.2/index.php on line 36

The line in index.php is this:

(36) require __DIR__ . '/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Core/Bootstrap.php';

I checked, wether the required file exists, and the whole "/home/www/typo3_6.2/typo3/sysext/core/" - folder is missing.

I checked, wether ".../sysext/" can be accessed by index.php by adding a line in which it requires a file know to exist in this dir, and it works. That means, there are no accessibility issues.

How can it be, that a required directory is not existing in the downloaded package?

The solution is, that I used the .zip - Version of the download, and its plain crap.

When I download the .tar.gz - Version and look into it, alas, all the required directories and files are there.