[TYPO3-install] 123 install no connection to the database.

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Thu Aug 11 19:25:54 CEST 2011

Hi Chris,

Chris Miner wrote:

> Yes it does.  I connected with:
> mysql --protocol=SOCKET --socket=/tmp/mysql.sock -u typo3 -p
>
> Although, I now wonder if php is not trying to connect to that db.  Hmm...

That is why you should try with PhpMyAdmin. Maybe your PHP is not set up
correctly.
I can not much help you with that, because the defaults always worked for me
;)

You could try to look up php->mysql in PHP documentation and do the connect
in a test script:

<?php
/** @see http://php.net/manual/de/function.mysql-connect.php */
$test = mysql_connect('localhost:3306', 'root', 'password');
?>

You might want to check if selinux (does Mac OS X have such a think?) is
allowed to make remote connections.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe