[TYPO3-install] 123 install no connection to the database.

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Thu Aug 11 17:42:21 CEST 2011

Hi Chris,
Chris Miner wrote:

>> Are you sure the details are the same that you've got in the typo3 conf?
>
> I'm not sure that I understand the question.  Are you asking if the "DEBUG
> SYSTEM INFORMATION"
> reflects the content of localconf.php?  Alot of the info is the same.
> Such as the T3CV_GFX entries.
I think he meant that the values that a written to localconf.php are the
same that you use to connect to the DB.

> I'm running
> Server version: 5.5.15 MySQL Community Server (GPL)
Should be fine. I am running 5.5.14 and this works just fine (Fedora in my
case).

Did you try to log in using PhpMyAdmin? On there website you can use a ready
to go system.

Please make sure to have a password. TYPO3 can no connect without a
password.

If all fails (did you try the root user?), you should check if MySQL allows
local connections.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe