[TYPO3-install] Root access to database

Maurice van Peursem typo3 at vanpeursem.net
Sun Mar 14 01:04:35 CET 2010

>Am 12.02.2010, 22:41 Uhr, schrieb Maurice van Peursem <typo3 at vanpeursem.net>:
>
>>Hi Ries,
>>
>>Mijn dank voor dit snelle antwoord! But how and where exactly do I
>>enter these parameters?
>
>go to the install tool
>
>yourdomain.tld/typo3/install/
>log in and go to the first menu entry (should be default), scroll
>down the page until you find the form fields and fill in the
>necessarily data
>scroll down to the end and click on the submit button ... should be
>named something like "write to localconf.php"
>
>Cheers
>Phil

Ah, but this step doesn't seem to work like it should. I guess by
'first menu item' you mean '1:Basic Configuration', but if I click on
that, I get:

>The current username, password or host was not accepted when the
>connection to the database was attempted to be established!

But where can I change these paramaters? The problem is that I just
don't get the basic config page where I can enter the database name,
user and pw?

I've done the following:

- Downloaded typo3_src+dummy-4.3.2.zip
- Unzipped it and uploaded the folder to my shared webosting account
- Created the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file
- I set the permissions as indicated here:
http://www.training-typo3.com/2008/12/09/installation-of-typo3-for-newbies-part-1-ftp-htaccess-and-chmod/

And then I ran my site, but instead of getting the first option
(1:Basic Configuration) where I can enter the database parameters, I
get '10:About', and if I try '1:Basic Configuration', i get the error
message that the username, password or host are wrong, but I haven't
even entered them yet!

Where can I enter the database parameters...?

Maurice