[TYPO3-install] Typo3 4.2 and authenticating to an existing LDAP server

Deborah Maaijen deborah.maaijen at snow.nl
Thu Jun 26 16:51:59 CEST 2008

Good day all.

I have a setup with Typo 4.2 and MySQL (using browser Firefox on Linux )that
runs fine and would like to add authentication for an existing LDAP server
preferably with an ldap_sync like functionality. I have so far found really
minimal results online about this setup for the newest Typo version.
The problem is that the eu_ldap extension group setup does not seem to take an
existing LDAP configuration into account and with ldap_server, ldap_lib,
ldap_auth and ldap_sync I cannot fulfill the dependency cc_sv_auth because it
does not work on this newer Typo3 version. The backend goes blank when
installing, ignoring the warnings. I mailed the cc_sv_auth maintainer, but have
had no response so far.

Has anyone managed to get a successful installation on the 4.x branch?

Debbie