[TYPO3-install] Problems accessing typo3temp folder

Marcel van der Laan Marcel.van.der.Laan at home.ict.nl
Tue Jul 8 20:12:34 CEST 2008

Hi Andreas,

> Marcel van der Laan schrieb:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Hope you can help me with a problem installing typo3 v4.2.
> >

> perhaps the reference pics and not the generated?

No, they're not the reference pics. They are in the sysext directory. Also
checked the link in the HTML file. These are the generated files; if I throw
them away, thet get regenerated.

> > But... the images are not displayed on the results page of the image
> > processing test. Instead I get a password prompt (directly from
> > Internet Explorer, I think) stating that I need to log in. I get that
> > a number of times for the single page (but not quite one for each
test?).

> > Even if I try to access the link directly (e.g.
> > /www.mysite.com/typo3temp/pics/install_read_pcx.jpg), I get the same
thing!

> > I just seems I
> > cannot access the typo3temp directory, for some reason?

> in most cases there's no need to change the rights of folders and files

I guess in most cases, that's indeed true. But I've been having some
problems with the installation anyway, so anything is possible.

> Hello Marcel,
>
> do you have access to the install tool now? On first page you can see if
> everything is correct with the rights. You will see a generated pic on
> this site as well.

All is okay there.

> Did you try another browser? Can you delete the content of typo3temp via
> ftp? What are the rights of typo3temp? Do you have full access to your DB?

My typo3temp has 777 permission, as does the pics subdir and the file has
644, so everyone should be able to see them, right???

> In your localconf.php you should have these lines:
> [BE][fileCreateMask] = 0644
> [BE][folderCreateMask] = 0755

They're not in my localconf.php (at least not in my v4.2)
The thing is... I don't think this is a Typo3 installation issue, come to
think of it; Typo3 creates the file in the right place. It's just that I'm
not able to view it!

I'm open to more suggestions if you have them.

> Greetings Andreas

Thanks,
Marcel

Checked by AVG.